Friday, March 22, 2013

Reading this week

I thought I'd try to share links weekly to the things I'm reading online on many different topics. Whatever is of interest that particular week, I'll share.

Want to be happier? Eat seasonally  (Attune Foods via Eating Rules)
Great arguments for eating seasonally and the benefits you reap from doing so.

Whole milk or skim? Study links fattier milk to skinnier kids (NPR)
A new study shows a link between reduced fat milks and higher body weights. (I am happy to see clinical studies backing up the idea that whole fat milk isn't something we should avoid.)

Banning the Big Gulp Ban (NY Times)
Columnist and food policy advocate Mark Bittman discusses Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban being struck down by a judge.

The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food (NY Times Magazine)
A peek into the new book Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss. I cannot wait to read this - it seems extraordinarily well researched and compelling.


1 comment:

  1. I saw that NPR article a cpl days ago. Crazy how the natural version of milk is better...who would have thunk it?

    ReplyDelete