Thursday, June 19, 2014

Real Life CSA: week 10

Another green explosion this week, but I'm not complaining. 


Braeburn apples are a nice return after a break from the winter CSA. I'd love to know the secret of how they store these babies though, because they are still crisp! And it's June!

Lettuce will be our salad base, like it is every week. I suppose there are other things you can do with lettuce, such as wraps, but being a salad lover, I have no desire to stop eating them. If it ain't broke...


I'm actually not sure if I've ever eaten red kale before. I might actually cook this down instead of making chips or a dirt smoothie, so I can get a feel for the taste and how it might differ from the other types.


This chard is definitely getting cooked down. I am a chard fiend - I love it probably more than spinach, to tell you the truth. I think it's because spinach has become such a staple for me and chard hasn't lost its summer luster.


Goat cheese is really versatile - hopefully some of this will make it into a pasta dish or a homemade pizza. I also like salads with berries and goat cheese and nuts, so that's a possibility as well. This particular jar of hot pepper jelly is going in the holding pantry since we already have one going from an earlier share. The next time we have a party or picnic at our house, I will likely make an appetizer with it!


Last but not least is the kohlrabi, the entirely new item this week. I lurve kohlrabi. So much I even allowed myself to spell it like that. My favorite preparation is roasted so that's what will likely happen to these little guys. I've seen them get huge before, but these small ones are awesome.

What are you doing with your veggies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment