Friday, August 2, 2013

Real Life CSA: week 9, produce

Some new things this week, and some favorites!


I was surprised to find as I was unloading the bag that it smelled a bit like garlic. And then I found random cloves of garlic at the bottom. Mystery solved. 

Of course happy to see blueberries again, since I know the season is going to end soon. I am enjoying these plain - it almost seems a shame to make anything with them since they are so delicious on their own. The potatoes and onion will make their way into a side dish of some kind. 


I love carrots, and I particularly love when they look all wrinkly, like they have whiskers.  


Thinking maybe a muffin or a bread with the pie apples so as to avoid an extra dessert lying around the house. But who knows?
 

Kind of feeling inundated with cukes right now, but these might work for some bread and butter refrigerator pickles. If I can fit 5 more pint jars in my fridge right now!

Busy weekend ahead - pickle making, some baking, plus a 5K zombie obstacle race on Saturday and an 11-mile training run on Sunday. Thankfully we don't have another batch of canning to fit in yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment