Thursday, September 19, 2013

Next Gen House gets a makeover

Next Gen House is about more than eggs and chickens, though my previous design wouldn't have made that clear. In need of a facelift, I hired my friend Jessica Wysocki Valesky, the artist behind Fox Bear Designs

I asked her to draw me a header that included our house, cat, chickens, and Star Trek. A tall and ridiculous order. Which is how the lovely header above came to be - Maggie watching over the flock outside of our house. Delta shields on canning jars. I'm dying of happiness.

Jess has an Etsy shop where she features her illustrations on various media, including prints, greeting cards, magnets and perhaps most creatively, brooches and earrings.

Particularly fitting for this blog are her illustrations of various herbs. 


I particularly love the borage (starflower) design.


Don't they make you want to garnish a dish? Or muddle some mint for a mojito?


If you're looking for a unique gift idea or just a print for your wall at home, check out Jess's shop and her website.

Thanks for drawing our brood and our humble but adored abode, Jess!


I was not paid or perked to promote Fox Bear Designs. Jess is a talented small business owner here in Pittsburgh that I am proud to support! 


1 comment: